PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Hello everyone. It's been awhile since I've posted. For anyone that might remember, I developed vocal issues causing me to lay off the pipe for a long time, and I find when I don't pipe, I don't post on the forums either. Lots has changed since I've been active, this is an update...for myself if nothing else!
My vocal issues have imporved by about 50%. I find no great difference whether I pipe or no- sometimes stressors like smoke matter but I find no predictable or preventable pattern to my voice- after completely cutting out all caffeiene, alchohol, and smoke, and treating GERD without abandon....my voice is the same or better when I'm still enjoing all those things in moderation.
Other things that have happened:

1. We moved to a new state, to a smaller but very pretty town. I miss some of my former companions, like forum's mrjerke

2. Started a new job- I manage a family practice and pediatric clinic for a well known healthcare organization.

3. Had a healthy daughter- Lily was born in November and is doing well, she is our second child, and our other is 2, so that keeps me from pipes or forums easily!

4. Bought a house- it is quite a bit larger than our old one but comes with the need for much elbow grease and money so we are slowing working on that.
5. I did pipe a bit last fall before the snow came. Spring is starting up and I've enjoyed my first couple pipes for 2015 (there's really no where I can go to smoke during winter). I dusted off the collection by smoking some Escudo in my Savinelli Roma, and then some H&H Marble Cake in my Sav Toscana.
So anyway, hello again and hope you are all well!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Congrats on both your new baby daughter (they will always be your baby, trust me) and your voice improvement.
Great to see (read) you back here.
Looking forward to your posts.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
It sounds as though, globally, you are doing quite well. Happy for you and that you checked in.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lots of challenges and life changes there. Take it a day at a time, and best wishes.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Welcome back. Congrats on the new daughter, and the improvement of your condition. Everything else is just stuff in my book......including the pipes and baccy 8O

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Welcome back I took about a month off as well. Congratulations on the birth of your child, new job and new home. Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for. Happy smoking!

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Welcome back tarak. Glad things are working out for you. Sounds like there has been a lot of good things happening for ya. Thanks for the update.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Good to see your post again, tarak. Congratulations on your new daughter, move, and new home. At least you haven't had to give up the pipe completely. Maybe just not as often as in the past. Whatever, I hope things continue to improve for you, and also to your new situation. BTW, what state do you live in now? Just curious. All the best to you and your family

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Sorry, Chris.
Shot you a PM before I worked my way down the ladder.
Nice to have you back, pard.
A pix of Lily and Judah together would be nice. Otherwise, you know the rules. Pix or it didn't happen.
Fnord

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Sounds like good news all round. You'll certainly have your hands full for a while with your girls and the new place. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.