PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Would a tin of Hearth & Home be different or any more valuable if it was before the Sutliff production took over? The reason I ask is I was thinking they were the same baccy, in fact I thought I read here where Russ confirmed he assisted in the transfer to Sutliff. One of the gents I was talking to the other day said he would pay more for the tins that were produced by Russ himself because they tasted better.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
pete - Russ-produced tins would be more aged - and some blends would indeed taste better today. In a few years, I'm betting they would be more the same.
hp

les

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
No worries about Hearth & Home going anywhere other than Sutliff. Part of the agreement that we have with Sutliff is that they use the exact same tobaccos and processes that I used when I made the tobaccos myself. I check production samples regularly to make sure that the quality remains the same.
Russ

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Yes! So the aged part that les brought up makes sense. Maybe that is what he meant. I will pass this info along. Thanks for the insight as I need more AK!

Status
Not open for further replies.