Heads up for Condor and St. Bruno lovers.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
For those of my fellow American pipe smokers who love those British OTCs, I have some good news. Mrsnuff.com has started carrying Condor and St. Bruno, and they both ship to the states and take credit cards. At present they only have the ready rubbed varieties, but the proprietor has stated that if sales go well they will be adding the full line.
Given the misconceptions on the part of most UK tobacconists that keep them from selling to the US, I thought this might be welcome news to those with a taste for these blends.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
That is new Mark.

MrSnuff has had the SG products for quite some time, I never bought any due to the prices. Easier to wait for the occasional frenzy sales here in the states. It is very tempting to finally have a chance to try out the St.Bruno.

Thanks for the heads-up!!

Always struck me as funny the fru-fru with the UK shops and their issues with US issued credit cards. Funny in that MrSnuff and a few other shops that specialize in snuff products have no problems at all with em'.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Always struck me as funny the fru-fru with the UK shops and their issues with US issued credit cards. Funny in that MrSnuff and a few other shops that specialize in snuff products have no problems at all with em'.

I here you! I sent them an email and asked if they would be willing to add Revor Plug to their line up as I know there would be more than a few of us stateside that would buy it from them if they had it.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
I smoke a little Condor RR now and again for a change.I still don't understand this problem with the credit cards,I always thought they were international.Glad you are able to get supplies of SG though,that firm is my favourite and I always have some to hand seeing that they are easy to get over here. :puffy:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
As I understand it, the problem is not with the vendors but the credit card companies refusing to honor tobacco sales. Which, of course, still makes no sense.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
mmmmmmmmmm So this means I can get the much sought after Condor?... Where the hell is my credit card...

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
To pick up on the credit card side of the thread. I thought that recent changes to the legislation in the USA was behind UK retailers not accepting orders from America? Rather like the rules they brought in to stop people playing European Poker sites and paying with a US credit card. The reasoning behind the tobacco ruling was that States lose tax revenue when people buy their tobacco from some where else. I may be totally wrong about this, but I am sure I read something about it recently (of course, I can't find the article now!!)
Good news about St. Bruno - it is my favourite of the over-the-counter blends available here in the U.K. and a reason not to describe call all OtC tobaccos as rubbish.

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
excellent news, and hope you all enjoy trying them across there in Americaland....personally I find St Bruno a bit dry and flavourless (although my Dad never smoked anything else)..Condor is nice, STRONG (my head was reeling from a pipe of it a few weekends ago) and with a definite spicy soapyness to it...an acquired taste but worth pursuing. I never buy St Bruno, but I do buy Condor and make my own blends with it (e.g. 50/50 Condor and a milder tobacco such as a Mac Baren one)

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
I am surprised that you usa folk would consider buying your tobacco directly from our uk tobacconists as we pay far more tax on tobacco than you do in the usa, the trouble that I have had is when sending tobacco to friends in the usa as presents I have had them returned an told that usa customs rejected them for a reason that was not clarrified, this was not the case on all as some got through, wierd.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I keep getting security warning from my browser with Mrsnuff.com, can anyone here vouch for them?
They allright peeps?

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I don't get any alerts from my antivirus/malware software about them. I have never bought from them myself, but know a few who have, so I'd say they're legit.

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
St Bruno in flake is better than the long cut from the little experience I have had, never had Condor. I shall get a packet as they're both pretty ubiquitous in supermarkets and newsagents here in the UK.

tom12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2011
@ spartan,
Yeah, they are fine, bought a couple of times from them. They stock some excellent quality snuff in the bigger vacum sealed tins which are a must if you're getting anything from Samuel Gawith as the tap boxes leaves them dry and flavourless.

Status
Not open for further replies.