Headed to San Jose on Biz Trip - Good B&M?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
hey everyone - I have a short trip to San Jose tomorrow and Weds. I have Tues PM open and Id love to visit a good B&M. Are there any really good shops in this area? Really looking for a good pipe store as opposed to just a cigar shop that carries a few pipes and a few jars of baccy. Thanks everyone.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
If you want more variety of tobacco skip mission pipe shop and head over to smokers paradise on Union/Camden. More bulk and lots and lots of aged tins.
http://www.smokersparadise.net/
Where are you staying in San Jose?

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Hey Buster - I am staying at the Airport Garden Inn or something crazy like that. Not happy about that but thankfully, its only for 1 night.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I just Google Mapped it. It looks like they're pretty close. I hope I have the time, they close at 5:30 on Tues. :(

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks everyone. I'll definitely visit both places. Appreciate the recommendations. Cheers.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
If you don't mind a 20 minute drive
Edward's Pipe & Tobacco

4546 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA, United States
is one of the best B&M for pipes that I've been to in the U.S. The owner is an awesome dude, and they have a giant selection of pipes and pipe tobacco.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I used to go to Cupertino once a month. Here's my experiences
Edward's is great, but a little ways out like hfearly said.

On the other hand, I scored a 9 year old tin once at Smokers Paradise.

I wasn't too impressed with Mission Pipes, although it's a nice store.
If you're looking for a place to sit, hang out, have a bowl and chat, Edwards is the better choice. For scoring a rare find, Smokers Paradise trumps.
Enjoy the trip.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Shoot, i probably wont have the time for Edwards since this is a short trip. But i have employees here in SJ so I'll be back :) Thanks for the tips everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.