PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Hawke sent me a message about trying some of his tobacco, waited patiently around for it to come. Finally today it was here! Gave it a go tonight and was extremely pleased! One was a crumble cake well named as Hawke's Indian Moon. Fell in love with this stuff as soon as it was lit. From beginning to end it was complex, smooth, and tasty. To me it had a nutty/creamy taste, transforming into a sweet smokey taste, merged together and began to be a little harder for me to explain. It was how you expect tobacco to be. It took one light to get to the bottom of the bowl, everything was right here. I smoked it out of my Falcon then realized the irony of smoking Hawke from a Falcon, decided to describe it as "When you smoke this from a Falcon it's sure to take flight."
The next was Hawke's Arabian Fire, a Latakia mix. While it came second in line it reminded me of a stronger Frog Morton. My inexperience with Latakia blends has me on the ropes here and I still need to get a feel for it. Still, it was well blended and smoked very similar to FM with a little more pizzazz. Certainly glad it was sent. Just another example of generosity in the members of this forum. Much thanks to Hawke, keep doing what you're doing, and happy smoking!
As a side note, he's one of those people that uses plenty of tape and packs things four times. So getting it out of the box was both surprising and took a little work making it fun. The pictures are a bit fuzzy, but that's because I have a dinosaur phone so here's the best I could get.
After opening the paper wrapped super taped box I found the Carter Hall box.

1109151551-01_zps63ynrl7u.jpg

Then came a ziplock bag with two brownies in it lol

1109151552-00_zpswzzom0jq.jpg

Arabian Fire in a little bag, taped up at the top of course.

1109151552-01_zpsey5bwxqw.jpg

Here's Hawke's Indian Moon...now to get a cake sized crumble cake of this!

1109151555-01_zpsgkotmfn2.jpg

Then Hawke's Arabian Fire

1109151555-00_zps2ff7wdtq.jpg

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
"Hawke's Indian Moon" Whats in it? I'll never tell :) But its not an aromatic.

I will trade for any aged tobacco blends if anyone wants some. My goal was to make an easy to light, burns all the way thru, has some nicotine kick, and tastes good of course. I press it to marry the flavors for a couple days. I want to age some, but I keep smoking it up!

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I'm going to have to pressure him to know about indian moon. I feel like it is a VaPer/Burley but there's something different about it....it's so different for me being kinda new I'm not sure. It was easy to light, burned all the way through, and is pleasant. I don't know about the nicotine as I smoke entirely too much.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Whats in it? I'll never tell
No ... wouldn't expect that! Just where you got your blending tobacco.
I use P&C's offerings to create my Black Mamba blend.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
It's not that complicated but I would like you to simply enjoy my blend which is lets say "inspired". Enjoy the riches of Mother Earth that the Great Spirit has provided and partake with me in my offerings of pleasure and friendship. The Carter Hall was just a nice sized box to use for mailing. I like to smoke CH to re-tune my taste buds from Latakia blends.
1zrr5.jpg

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I just searched "Indian Moon" and came across pictures of a moth I've been finding in the area this past year. Well, at my grandfather's there are a ton of them...interestingly enough today, I was smoking Indian Moon and found 2Indian Moon Catter passed them off as a random caterpillars.

This is the interesting part Doesn't say a thing about them being in Kentucky. Exact same things I've held three of. Have a picture on my phone....I call this an interesting coincidence.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
That's some cool stuff there Tyler.

I don't remember what state I was living in or even if it was here in S.Carolina but Ive seen that same moth a time or three myself.

375px-Luna_moth.jpg

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Moon moth. I think they are or are close to being an endangered species. I saw two of them in my entire 37 years. Both in Garrison NY. One time one landed on my shirt. Beautiful looking creatures. It was a special time and place for me. Great memories because of that moth pic. Thanks for that!

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Thx fluffie666 for the opportunity of trades! PM in your box.

Tyler, have you broken into the full ounce cake I sent you?

Anyone, If you don't have anything to trade and just want to try Hawke's Indian Moon I'll be happy to send you a couple bowls. Let me know.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Thx Jeffrey, youre the real Deal man! Hehe
Well, I do have ulterior motives albeit trying to earn them. I am enjoying keeping the contents a secret and watching the mystery gnaw at folks making them pressure me for answers and guessing of its contents. Its very entertaining. However the main reason for me is to just provide a tobacco that is liked and smokers will trade some of their precious aged blends with me.
"Hawke's Indian Moon" is a "Time Machine".

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I have yet to break into the other ounce, and haven't been on the forums much as of late. Another Carter Hall box with a surprise inside made my day!
Jeffrey, Hawke is certainly a great guy.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
Once more Hawke sends a care package! I have not been able to order anything in a while. So far I have only smoked Mac Baren Modern Virginia, which has now made it's way into my regular smokes. He sent tons of Lat blends, and even some whole leaf lat blending tobacco! If I can't get a feel for latakia and make the final decisions now....I guess I'm out of luck. The best part of this package....I had asked if he could make the Hawke's Indian Moon into a plug. Of course, he did and could. It's a super tight plug, smells good, looks good, and before I put that up for aging, it will likely get a little clipped off to test it out. Here's a quick picture of what he sent!
Thanks again,

It's always appreciated.
IMG_0537_zpsdtrtudkd.jpg

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Received a large sample of Hawkes latest batch. This is a good smoke. Was throwed off a bit by the smell, but smoke this any time. Thanks Hawke! I'll get some thing out soon. James

Status
Not open for further replies.