PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I just got my first Peterson briar in the mail today. I've been looking forward to it's arrival all week it's a small pipe like my kaywoodie and was very affordable. It has an awesome dark red rustic finish; I am very pleased with the aesthetics. I'm just coming to the realization that I think I enjoy my small straight pipes more than any others I've had or tried. Anybody out there feel the same way? I'll try to post some pics later if I can dig out my camera. Tonight should be fun and the weather is nice; maybe I'll take a walk. -Take care.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I like smaller, shorter, fat pipes quite a bit. I have two that I picked up at the West Coast Pipes show in November that led me to this realization.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I enjoy small to medium size pipes myself. I'm a clincher and that size works well. I also like strong tobacco so the smaller bowl size goes well for that too.

Jul 12, 2011
Really enjoy the Stanwell featherweight line myself, great lil pipes/smokers.

You just can't go wrong with one of them, suggest if you are looking for a smaller

bacci pipe to give them a look...they really do have a nice

range of styles and finishes in this line, which also makes the PAD

go crazy :)

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
I love small pipes, about Dunhill group 1 or 2, I find that size perfect for the flakes I most often smoke.

Jul 12, 2011
Great flake smokers indeed brother... Really enjoy the flake in them
Latest edition and smoke'in flake slow, cool & dry

https://smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/stanwell/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=111177

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Depending on the time you have and the tobacco, really big pipes Dunhill size 5 and up, are great, but 3's and 4's seem

like the backbone of my piping. I like to have several courses, like a meal. The big pipes are for working on a problem

or project where I need to deliberate and only pause to relight if needed. I use my one 2 only now and then, but with

the right tobacco, it is great. The only bent pipe I have that takes a pipe cleaner all the way to the bowl. However, you

can fill a larger pipe only half full and make a 3 out of a 5, more or less.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have a Stanwell bent Dublin feather weight. It is a sweet flake pipe. I have one large pipe and it hardly ever gets used. I found that a med or small bowl suits me just fine. Especially if the tobacco has a bit of nic to it.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I'm a group 1-3 bowl lover especially now that Kajun Kake and loads of VA's and VA/Per's are in my rotation.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, small pipes are just right for some tobaccos and certain times, and can actually provide

quite a long smoke with the right fuel. I have some smaller Petersons (along with full sized)

that I value a lot, and I recently bought a Johs Lovat that seems to be a great little pipe, not

miniature, but portable and easy on the teeth. Both my cobs are in the small category. Bear

in mind, you can always have a short smoke in a big bowl, and it can be just right. But a small pipe

in its glory is a fine and noble pipe.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I prefer group 4 and 5 sized pipes the best and my collection is about 95 percent of those. I have a couple of 3's and a few 6's but nothing smaller or bigger. I consider 4's and 5's to be medium and 6's and above to be large pipes. I am sure people classify these differently but that is how I view the sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.