PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I waited a month to see my doctor, just so I could get some prescriptions refilled, and I showed up 14 minutes late to the appointment. The receptionist then informs me they have the right to reschedule me if I'm more than 10 minutes late. ARGH
I can't get my blood pressure meds for another three and a half weeks now. GRRR
Put me in a grumpy mood. I'm better now, thank you.

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
There's no way to have them call in the RX for you? It's been a while since I've had to deal with civilian doctors.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
You should have clutched your chest and hit the ground in front of the reception desk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdi-1tIUhM

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Do you live in Canada? Because I know here in the States, my wife (who's on BP meds too) also misses appointments all the time -- they call in a refill to cover her needs until her rescheduled appointment and she can see the doctor.
While our health-care system does have it's draw-backs, this isn't one of them - our docs have access to phones and fax machines too - assuming the Medicare Network that was implemented this year, containing everyones medical records and 'scrips (both current and completed) are down. Heck, I haven't had to see a doc in years to get my GERD 'scrip refilled - a simple phonecall gets it done.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
That makes no sense. My mother is on BP meds and they show up in the mail. Her insurance through work helped her setup the mail order account and now like clockwork the meds show up. I am not sure if this is just a fluke in no one telling you about the mail order meds programs but you can all your insurance company and raise hell and they will fix it. You can also cancel your current appointment and call another doctor that can see you sooner as I have done often i my life. One thing the internet is good for, finding options!

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
There has to be another way to get them before 3 weeks hits. That makes no sense to me how they could deny anyone their medications for that long. I would throw a fit if I were you and get that taken care of!

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
I showed up 14 minutes late to the appointment. The receptionist then informs me they have the right to reschedule me if I'm more than 10 minutes late.
Can we safely assume that your doctor never made you wait more than 10 minutes when you showed up on time?

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Can we safely assume that your doctor never made you wait more than 10 minutes when you showed up on time?
Makes me irate that I have to pay for "an hour of service" yet I am lucky to see my doctor for 10 minutes before they rush off to the next sucker. I have had 5 different doctors in 4 years and they all sucked bad.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Canada has implemented a new procedure within the last year or 2. If you are on a medication for 3 months or more, and it is NOT a Narcotic, you can go to your Drug Store and get what is called an Emergency refill. This would work well in a case like yours Zanthal. Many ppl let their prescriptions run low and neglect to make a Doc. appt. in time for a refill. I think this is a great addition to the Health Care system.

Status
Not open for further replies.