Has the FDA made a regulation for pipe tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Hey everyone,
It has been a good chunk of time since I have been active on the forums, but I have just started a YouTube channel and that combined with school has made for little time to post much.
While reading about the FSPTCA on the FDA's website, it came to my knowledge that pipe tobacco and cigars are not included into the act unless the FDA issues a regulation that includes both pipe tobacco and cigars.
"Pipe tobacco is considered a tobacco product under the Tobacco Control Act. However, the Act does not automatically apply to pipe tobacco. FDA must issue a regulation deeming pipe tobacco to be subject to the law."

This can be found here.
I would like to know if they have passed any such regulations because if not, it seems that pipe tobacco won't be included. Now, I have yet to read through the entire act as I have a hard time reading it without getting dreary so I may have missed something. Please let me know if you have heard otherwise.
Cheers! :puffy:

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I have not found anything about it including pipe tobacco and cigars (yet) give it time I am sure it will

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings,
Read this and weep:

http://www.natocentral.org/?p=1588
Not good news. The beginning of the end, I'm afraid. Stock up while you still can.
No cheers,
CACooper

Status
Not open for further replies.