Has Anyone Tried Villiger English Export?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
12 Fresh Brigham Pipes
12 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
12 Fresh Chacom Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
Just ordered another English blend and was wondering if anyone has tried this one before. Drexel makes a really good English blend for an all day smoke and was wondering if Villiger is comparable to it. If you have what did you think of it? Would you buy it again?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I reviewed it. Here's my thoughts on it:
The smokey, woody Cyprian latakia takes a mild lead over the other components. The earthy, tangy dark fruit sweet red Virginia is the base of the blend, and is crowded out just a little by the earthy, nutty, molasses sweet burley. The buttery sweet, lightly sour and musty Smyrna underscores the experience. There a couple pinches of plumy, spicy perique in the mix as well. There’s a slight sweet topping, perhaps sugar, but it doesn’t tone down the tobaccos much at all, and is barely noticeable. The nic-hit is mild. The strength and taste levels are mild to medium. No chance of bite or harshness. Burns at a moderate pace, cool and clean with a rather smooth, very consistent flavor all the way through. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, and requires few relights. Has a pleasant, smoky sweet after taste, and the room note won’t displease anybody, which is not always the case for an English blend. Three and a half stars out of four.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm pretty stocked with mild-to-medium English blends, but this sounds like a good one, some nice complexity it would seem, with balance.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
Wow. I get everything you said in the review. Almost like an aromatic but not. I can see why you gave it 3.5 out of 4. Not bad at all. I would definitely get more of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.