PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I was looking through Smoking pipes bulk offerings and found this Comoy Cask 7 to sound amazing. Before I pull the trigger on this tobacco I wanted to ask my friends if they have tried it and how it was. Here is the description:
"A broad coin-cut flake, Comoy's "Cask No.7" wraps a mix of Virginias and pure Perique around a dark center of smooth black Cavendish, topped with a slight aromatic."

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
To each his own I have not tried any of the new comoy offerings and along with Drew Estates there product line does not interest me. To many unique and interesting offerings out there that I would rather put my money towards.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Shawn. I have yet to try the Comoy stuff but I am interested in trying them. That No. 7 looks and sounds a lot like Luxury Bullseye Flake. If it's similar it's probably dynamite.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Also Cask 4 looks just like Luxury Navy Flake.
If you ask me it's just rebranded Stokkebye stuff but I don't know that from first hand information.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Boy nobody else had any updates on this one eh? I guess not many people have tried it yet.

rakntur

Lurker
Jun 5, 2012
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I was able to get samples of the new Comoy's of London Casks Nos. 1,2 and 11 before they were available for purchase and loved 1 and 11. Even 2, the Portwood, which is a definite aromatic and from the description sounded awful, was very good. Now that they're out, I just bought a 100g tin of the Cask No. 7 coins and am enjoying it very much also. I'd have to say go for it. The 7 blend is only an aromatic due to the Black Cavendish in it; otherwise, I never would have guessed it was aromatic. The No. 7 has a bit of a mild smoky taste with a nice hint of perique, but the ripe Virginias predominate. I recommend it, if that makes any difference. Comoy's, like many other brands, seems to have some new people involved who are doing their best to change the perceptions of their qualities.
http://www.iwanries.com/Comoys-of-London-Cask-C2158.cfm

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Welcome to the forums, Rakntur.
Please continue adding tobacco reviews. Your style is succinct and appreciated.
Is your screen name meant to be a pun?
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.