Has anyone tried any of the McClelland Townsman Series?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
"Not I" said the blind man to the deaf, as he picked up his hammer and saw.
but based on the description, i would guess a heavily cased aro. Not personally a burley fan but love a VA/cavendish blend. Seems like it would be very wet and goopy. Just IMHO.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I've never tried them for two main reasons.
1. It only comes in 8oz. which also bumps up the price. Dropping $22 on 8 oz. of an unknown blend is hard especially when you can get less of some other untried blend.
2. It's sounds (from the reviews) like it is hit and miss with those who smoke it. Again, if I'm dropping $22 on 8 oz., I want to know it's good.
-Jason

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I must be the Lone Ranger here. I smoke Townsman Cavendish Blue, the maple blend. It is one of my favorites. It is not goopy, the string cut is easy to light, and I understand that the process is copied from an 1890's style of pipe tobacco. It used to be quite the bargain, but it is still reasonably priced like other tobaccos. I purchased my last bag in 2009, and it is just as good now as it was when I first opened it. I have a quarter of the bag left. If you like maple, I highly recommend it.

I may pick up the rum next, but H&H Latham Circle has a fantastic rum and maple flavor, so I am good for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.