PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Another ebay purchase. I liked the large size and attractive grain but I can't find a single thing on the Internet about Sierra. It is merely stamped, "Sierra" and under that, "Made in the USA". and "Imported Briar" on the other side. There is a logo on the stem of a mountain though I can find no such logo on pipephil.eu.
Smokes great and feels good in the hand. In the end it doesn't matter if it remains anonymous, but it sure would nice to know the origins of the pipe. Oh, it has a push stem and no filter.
Any help appreciated.
sierrapipe_zps1b86dadf.jpg

Edit:
What I thought was a mountain may actually be an "A" for "Alpha", used by Shalom Pipes Company. Interesting.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I understand that Alpha was made by Mastercraft. The Shalom Pipe Factory is, or was, owned by Robert Marx, who owns Mastercraft. Shalom had a pipe maker named Muki Liebermann and your pipe may be one of his.

It's a fine looking piece and I hope you enjoy many bowls with it.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Could be an Alpha.From What I can see it looks like the Shalom Alpha logo.
pappipeguy,Mastercraft never made pipes,they imported most of them. There's an interesting post on the history of Mastercraft,written by a gent who worked for both Mastercraft and Grabow a total of 25 years here-- http://drgrabows.myfreeforum.org/ftopic155-0-asc-0.php

Status
Not open for further replies.