Has Anyone Had Iwan Ries Kings Oriental Blend (clove flavored)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
i just wanted to see if anyone has smoked this because i used to smoke clove cigarettes on the regular and if this blend is anything like them then im definitely interested

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
I have smoked it. If you like cloves you will like this. The clove topping is quite obvious when you poke your nose in the pouch. Iwan Ries calls this a British Blend but I would call it more of an aromatic with barely a whiff of Latakia or Orientals. The cut is a rough shag with a few chunks of broken flake and large pieces of black cavendish spread evenly through the mix. It's a pretty good aromatic if you are tired of goopy vanilla and cherry flavored blends. Let it air out a bit and it is a nice blend for around the holidays. Digging through my stash I found some of this and I think I might just light some up to refresh my memory. :puffy:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Sounds interesting. May have to try some.
It will probably ghost the hell out of your pipe though. Clove is a very strong scent.
Thanks for that. Good point - will have to reserve a pipe for this one.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I just checked their site and it makes no mention of cloves in the Kings Oriental Blend. Is this one different?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
As Loborx posted here, many mention the cloves in reviews @ tobaccoreviews.com so if you enjoy cloves, it appears to be a decent aromatic/light English.
Thanks Rothnh - appreciate it.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Sounds good. I love clove cigarettes and will have to give this a try. I'll be sure to get a cheap cob to smoke it in though since I bet it would ghost a pipe.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
They don't mention cloves in the description but they do refer to a "hint of exotic spice". :P @ uber: It doesn't ghost as much as one would think. I smoke it in a dedicated Aromatic pipe with little problem but it is probably ghosted with everything under the sun. For purests (not me by any means) it would probably warrant a dedicated pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.