Has anyone Ever Played Mancala (African Bead Game)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I bought this During Carabram which is a festival my city does every year where different cultures will take up different places around the city and hold showcases for there country or culture. so things like,
Food

Shows

Dances

Markets

etc
its a wonderful thing actual and one year me and the with were at the African privillian and we saw they were selling and playing this game called mancala. Being me and the wife have game nights and enjoy things like this we sat down while a gentleman selling them taught us how to play and it was Fun. if you like strategic games like checkers or chess then there's no reason you wouldn't enjoy this game. Its also great to play while enjoying your pipe.
1011734_10151713102947889_1822461180_n.jpg

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
My parents have a set. My mom bought it when we were kids and me and my sister used to play it a lot.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
awesome i just think its a really cool game i spend a lot of time on the deck with this and my pipe was wondering if others have tried it as well. I also feel like i can concentrate better with a pipe not that i have trouble with concentrating but i just feel more relaxed.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Used to play all time as a kid. Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but aren't there different ways to play?

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
I've played it with my wife and kids, but not for quite a few years now. We still have the game...thanx for the reminder. Will have to dig it out again.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
No problem radio I'm a big believer of family game night it's wonderful way to spend time with your wife and kids I'm glad you do that I hope to carry on the same tradition when me and my wife have our first child

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My late wife had a Nigerian student who taught us the game, using an egg carton if

I remember correctly. Your set is dazzling, like it has its own light source. It's really

a subtle game. No one should take the simplicity of the set as an indication of the

complexity of the game. Family game night sounds like a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.