PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
In addition to working a full time job I also do some web design work on the side with the hope that I can someday leverage the work into a full time job. Recently I've been working on the second stage of a multi-part e-commerce project for a local small business owner who tends to be very disorganized and somewhat prone to procrastination. The client's been working on a new line of products for her e-store and I've been waiting for weeks for her to get me the new images so I can prep them for the site. So of course, they dumped several hundred megabits of data in my in-box last Wednesday and asked if I could have everything posted on Monday. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep last weekend :roll:
By Sunday I was running very short on brain cells and in dire need of motivation, so I promised myself that if I kept working and met my deadline, I'd use some of the money from this job to buy myself a new pipe - and not just any pipe, but one that was worth the pain and suffering. Well, I did it, and I bought it :D It took a few days to find just the right one, but here's the new baby....
nordingg13_zps9d90bdc1.jpg

Now I just have to wait for it to get here lol.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Good eye! Yes, it's a Nording. I was looking for something like a Fantasy 5 or some sort of cool rusticated Nording, but I saw this pipe and it called my name lol.

Jan 8, 2013
Very nice :) My Nording Royal Flush Ace was bought pretty much the same way. I worked a lot of overtime, and it was my reward to myself. I'm a true believer that when possible, sometimes you have to reward yourself to make all the hard work and stress worth it.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Actually that's the first Nording I've seen that I really like, just not generally a Danish fan. But man that is a gorgeous pipe! As others have said, that you had to work so hard to get it will make it even more special. Congratulations!!!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a great looking pipe, awesome grain and a great looking shape. I hope it smoked great for you, congrats on your new pipe, you certainly deserve it for the work you have put in.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wrap your knuckles firmly around that one and feel the tension drain away, into the grain.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats - that pipe is a beaut!
Recently I've been working on the second stage of a multi-part e-commerce project for a local small business owner who tends to be very disorganized and somewhat prone to procrastination. The client's been working on a new line of products for her e-store and I've been waiting for weeks for her to get me the new images so I can prep them for the site. So of course, they dumped several hundred megabits of data in my in-box last Wednesday and asked if I could have everything posted on Monday. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep last weekend
I've been a professional web designer for over a decade now and also ran my own web design business for several years and the description you provide of your client describes 90% of my customers! Sad to say, but if you want to be in this line of work, better get used to it my friend. Sigh.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Sad to say, but if you want to be in this line of work, better get used to it my friend.
As my grandfather used to say, you ain't whistlin' Dixie lol.
I don't mind the last minute stuff, usually, but this request had exceptionally rotten timing. My "day job" is in a big-box hardware store, so I get stuck with a pretty erratic work schedule. This web project erupted at the end of a seven day stretch - 9 hour days at the store plus a 30-minute commute each way. Sunday was my only day off with another four day stretch before my next day off (today). So, yeah, this one was more painful than usual.
A couple of other views -
nordingg13-view2_zps18798a0e.jpg

nordingg13-top_zps9cb167c0.jpg

Can you tell I'm rather proud of it? lol

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Looks like it will be a great, cool smoker, and yes, nice wood!

Re: What Six said - Ditto me on that. Been running a web design biz for past 13 years, and have yet to find a client that doesn't need to have it done "yesterday" after procrastinating, doesn't want to "spend much," and has no clue about what they want, other then to show you another "XYZ" company site that probably cost $10-15,000 (and they want one like it for under $1,000)
Winding my biz down these days and focusing on writing. Lucky that I can be picky about what I will take on - don't need the money. Time to enjoy life a bit.
Oh, and did I tell you that IT'S FRIDAY????? :puffy:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. It is more special since it was something you chose as a reward to yourself for your additional job. It is a sacrifice to yourself, family and friends to work more hours but the outcome is memorable. I hope you enjoy it for many years.

castellarius

Might Stick Around
Oct 20, 2013
I think it's gonna be one of your best smokers !! And it has a wonderful grain.
Personally I usually prefer the classic shapes, but the story behind this pipe will make it a great pipe that will make you happy for many many years.
Enjoy it !

Status
Not open for further replies.