PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Just bought a tin of MacBarens Seven Seas Royal and I am having a devil of a time opening the tin due to arthritis in my hands. It says to put a coin in the edge and twist, trouble is I have a hard time twisting. Any suggestions? :crying:

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
If you have a waiter style cork screw with the bottle opener on it that is what I used. I did find it hard to open also. I had a few choice words for that tin!

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I had a tough time with some 7 seas recently, as well.
I am a pretty strong dude. Didn't want to end up with tobacco flying all over the room. Did that with pickles once.
Ended up using the tip of a butter knife.
Worked just fine.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
+1 on the screwdriver, i personally use a pocket knife, always muck up the tin though

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
You could always put it in a zip lock bag and run your car over it... Just sayin' :puffy:
I muscle all mine. *Flex*

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My favorite way to open pickle jars is to wrap my arms around my wife, flex a couple times, then open the jar. She alwayd enjoys this, except for the time I accidentally poured the pickle juice down her front.
Winton

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Finally got it open last night, Thanks for all the suggestions, by the way, it is very good tobacco. :puffy:

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
I used an oversize screwdriver, it worked great, and it did taste better. I like aromatics but I like english too, Cornell-Diehl (sp) has some blends that have both and I plan to try them. :puffy:

enfield

Lurker
Apr 15, 2015
Take a small nail and a small hammer. Turn the tin over and punch a small hole in the bottom, releasing the vacuum. Open the can by twisting. You can seal the hole with a piece of tape if you wish. Works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.