PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
To all our Vet's, we appreciate all that was sacrificed to secure the safety of this great nation and our allied country s across the globe

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Members of my Family and me, God Bless America!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
As a Veteran, I say welcome.
Please remember, Veteran's Day is for those who have served and those who are serving.
Memorial Day is for those who died in service to this Great Country.

Cliff_K

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2016
Ferron, Utah
I'm blessed to have several veterans in my family. A very heart felt thank you to all our current and future vets, you have my deepest respect.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Happy Veteran's Day! :puffy:
182nd Airlift Wing ATH (Air Transportable Hospital), 1989-1995, activated for Desert storm
... C-130 comin' down the line ...

May 4, 2015
By virtue of my AFSC (MOS), all of my duty stations were joint service. To all my fellow Airmen, Soldiers, Marines and Sailors - thanks for the sacrifices. We moved away from our families on a great adventure, some of us at a very young age, and found new families in each other.
I'll always look fondly on those 8 years.
Happy Veterans Day.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ancient ancestry veteran, Col. Prescott, who said, "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes," in the Revolution. My dad's brother, Uncle Dick to me, was in the first major amphibious landing by the U.S. in WWII in the Pacific, a bloody learning experience in which Dick figured out how to use the tides to transport barrels of fuel to the beach without losing more lives unloading them, for which he received the Bronze Star. My dad was a minesweeper skipper in the Philippines during WWII. I was a minesweeper radioman during the Vietnam War in the combat zone off the DMZ (Operation Market Time). I am the least likely military veteran, and since I don't talk about it, my friends of several years (or more) are sometimes aghast to learn this is true, actually clearly disbelieve it for a while, or think I'm joking. No joke. I guess I'm a sort of stealth veteran.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oops, sorry ...the name of that first major amphibious battle for the U.S. in the Pacific during WWII was of course Tarawa. The U.S. military was trying all kinds of things -- tactics, weapons, intelligence on beaches and terrain, and so forth -- for the first time. I think military historians agree, though successful, it wasn't pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.