PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I havn't seen anyone wish other members on this Forum a happy Festivus....
So happy freaking Festivus!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8g4Ztf7hIM
My friends and I have celebrated Festivus for the past 4 years; today will be 5.
We gather, we drink, we eat, we do all the things that friends should do with merry times ahead.
And then we get down to Festivus business. We sit around the fire (which we probably are allready sitting around) and we start off Festivus with our "Airing of Grievences".
You stand up and hold the aluminum pole (yes we specifically purchased a 6-8ft aluminum pole just so we could be legit) and you tell every single person there what you don't like about them, or anything really that you dislike about who they are, what they do, who they're "doing" yadda yadda.
This is only to be done with the best of friends who are (hopefully) allready nice and drunk by this point; makes it much more fun. Noone gets their feelings hurt because this is all in JEST, or so we pretend.
Because the gathering is so long, due to maybe 20 people participating, we quickly move onto the "Feats of Strength". We havn't gotten really creative with them (primarily because we are all in our 20's and are therefore lazy) so we just have the one CHAMPION. And Festivus is not over until the CHAMPION is pinned to the ground. Usually ends in a dogpile because our champion is the toughest of us all and cannot be pinned through one on one competition. And did I mention that the house this is held at has a backyard full of stickers? If you're not familiar with stickers... then allow me to educate you....
When attempting to pin down a friend you may get about 100 or so of these small spike-covered spheres all over you... and yes, there will be blood.
But it all ends with the CHAMPION being pinned to the ground. We will see for how many more years we will be able to keep this 5 year running tradition alive.
Happy Festivus for the rest of us! :puffy:
P.S. If I'm not too intoxicated to remember I will try to take some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.