PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Man, just when I thought it couldn't get any better! It's a powerfully complex English and provided a long, cool smoke even it this brutal 95° Heat and near 100% humidity. I think I feel a new review coming on...

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I had a bowl courtesy of rickpal and I thought it was a huge Balkan. Big notes. For those lovers of nuance - might want to give a few years in ye old cellar. But it is definitely a smoke now blend. Let's see how it holds up in a few years of celllaring.

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
I had the pleasure of smoking one old, dry pouch of Balkan Sobranie 759 before it went away forever. There was something "there" that I have not found since. Was it the Yenidje leaf? Could be but I have a tin of Black House on the way and I am looking forward to seeing how it compares to my memory of the old 759. From what I have read, it is pretty damn close.

creekspecter

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2011
It's within a shade of a shade of 759. Black House is a big, gorgeous smoke, with great taste. The best thing about it is, that since it's not 759, it's available! Seriously, it's an outstanding mixture. Plus, I got an autographed tin, so I'm extra thrilled.
I will (knowing that this is what causes shortages) be buying more to cellar. It's worth a shelf all to itself.

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
Very good review! I can't wait to get my order of Black House - it had better be as good as you describe, or I'm holding you personally responsible! ;)

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
Once I figure out what my favorite JFH Middle Earth tobacco is my favorite, I'll snag some Whiskey Biscuit Gravy on the reorder - that's the third or fourth time I've seen you post about it, it must be good.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Send all unwanted Black House to my address and I'll dispose of it properly. I bought a big tin too. I'm not a huge smoker. I only smoke once every day or so, so an 8oz tin was a big buy for me. The only other things I've ordered that much of at once was 1-Q and Nat Sherman's Riverside Whiskey. All else are small tins.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
WBC and Black House are my top 2 smokes right now. As for the Middle Earth, I'm gonna vote for Treebeard. :D
Baron, we have to order for 2 and on our small tin, I smoked the entire thing in 2 weeks. 8O

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Great review. Hopefully my order is in on Wed as I have a tin awaiting me. Been wanting to try this blend for a bit now but always seemed to have been sold out when I ordered it. Can't wait to open it up and have a bowl.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Blackhouse is an awesome blend. Very enjoyable. Made sure I have a couple pounds tucked away for the coming dark ages.
Hmmmmmm appears that this Whiskey Biscuit Gravy blend is only sold by Just for Him, and from my understanding, they are NOT friendly about shipping to Iowa. Have to add it to my "to get someday" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.