PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
Ok, I got my shipment of halflings leaf today and I have no idea how to smoke it. It comes in an actual leaf form. Do I chop it with a knife or cut it with a scissors

or tear it like a lettuce leaf or roll it in a ball and stuff it in the chamber? :crying:

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
Ok, ok, I am sorry, it is cut up. I checked the invoice and the package and it is indeed halflings leaf and it smells friggin wonderful. Can't wait to try it tonite.

I am not very good at uploading pics but will try later. :oops:

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I just got my order this afternoon and ... pipeinhand, don't stop blending this one, it's fantastic.
For an aromatic it's pretty full bodied, but it's overall flavor is smooth and it's a welcome new addition.
I encourage you all to throw some money at pipeinhand and try it.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
This stuff is in the top 5 of my best tobaccos I have ever smoked list so far I will definately be getting more.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
@ pipesicle, you scared me. I thought someone switched the package at USPS. They loose enough as it is. Since it comes in the bag with as much air removed as possible I could see how you might think it was 1 leaf. :)
Enjoy the smoke.
@ zanthal and ohiopuffer, Thanks! :worship:

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Yeah it's has slight sweet overtones, but I've had sweeter aromatics.
pipeinhand, can I persuade you to post the ingredients, without giving away too much of your recipe?
It's either a cavendish/burley, or cavendish/burley/virginia, as I can tell.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I second zanthal, I love this blend. And so do the people around me :) Whenever I take my pipe out on the town, I load it with Halfling's Leaf and get nothing but compliments. And one threat - "Whatever you do, don't stop puffing. Ha Ha...no, seriously, I mean it." :)

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I just placed an order for some so i cant wait to get it. $3.90 an ounce if i remember correctly.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I recently bought eight ounces of it. I think maybe that'll hold me for awhile. After my first sample I was won over. It is superb.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Hey pipeinhand. Just sent you a PM as well as an email for an order. Cant wait to try it out!

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I also love this stuff. I initially ordered 3 oz because everyone had great things to say about it. Less than a week later, I have another 6 oz on the way, together with some Honey Malt.
Need...more...shelf...space...

Status
Not open for further replies.