PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
Why have I not tried this blend before? And furthermore, where do I start? I popped my tin earlier tonight after a really long day at work. Mind you, the tin that I am smoking out of has a mere 3 months of age on it. The second I cracked it open and took a whiff I knew I was in for something special. The tin aroma was a strong mixture of raisin, fig, chocolate, and a stout red wine sort of aroma. The tobacco is quite moist in the tin and is an attractive mix of dark brown, light brown, and black ribbons. Loading the pipe was very easy after I broke the bigger chunks up between my fingertips. 15 minutes of dry time and we were good to go. The first light produced a strong taste of red wine, figs, raisins, and a hint of dark chocolate. The second light brought out the pepper flavor of the perique, more red wine and raisin flavors. I have heard of Virginia tobaccos that produce a sort of "raisin" flavor but nothing as strong as this blend. The first half of the bowl holds that nice, sharp flavor, undercut by the raisin and fig sweetness. The perique is definitely there, yielding a bit of a black pepper flavor every few sips but never dominating. The second half of the bowl sees the raisin flavor reduced somewhat, and the dark chocolate tones come more to the forefront, and the presence of the perique diminished a little. The nicotine kick was definitely appreciable to me, and I dont usually take notice of nicotine content in my smokes. This blend burns incredibly well and requires few relights, and is silky smooth on the tongue with aboslutely no tongue bite. And as good as it is after only 3 months, I would love to see what a couple of years of age would do to this blend. Haddo's Delight is true to its namesake, a true Delight. It is bold in its flavor but never overpowering, and so well balanced that none of the flavors ever takes hold over any of the others, so well balanced and flavorful and easy burning that it is hard not to love. Mr. Pease, thank you for such an incredible blend!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Sounds delicious...I have this on my list but haven't tried it yet...will definitely have to.

Jul 15, 2011
It is most definitely delicious. I smoked it in my brand new Stanwell and it was heaven on Earth. Im not usually a big Vaper kind of guy but the flavor kind of called to me since the weather has been warmer the past week. When I crave a good Vaper, this will definitely be one of the blends that I reach for.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
You might look here for some answers to your question.

http://reviewsreviewsreviews.blogspot.com/2008/11/haddos-delight.html

http://www.lashtal.com/nuke/Article386.phtml

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
Now I have to either see if I've acquired some during any of my tad attacks, or go buy some. I really like what GLP does. Really get's the flavors dancing and singing.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Thank for the insight Eric. I haven't tried any of his blends yet...oh where to start?

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks for the review. It's already at the top of my TAD list. After your report I know I'm going to enjoy it.

Jul 15, 2011
Thank for the insight Eric. I haven't tried any of his blends yet...oh where to start?
I have a ton of GL Pease tins in storage. I have yet to try any of his lat mixtures, but here is a list of what I have so far:
Haddos Delight

Fillmore

Sammara (sp?)

Blackpoint

Maltese Falcon

Lagonda

Meridian

Quiet Nights

Chelsea Morning

Jacknife Plug
The only two that I have tried are the Jacknife and the Haddos. The Jackknife was incredible as well as the Haddos.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Hmmmm,I know I have an 8oz can of that somewhere in the stash unopened.May have to crack it open 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.