PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just got an email from them about this. It is pretty neat and should be helpful for any of the new pipe smokers out there. Here is the link, also these guys are a sponsor and have lots of gorgeous pipes.

http://thepipeguys.com/how-to-smoke-a-pipe/?utm_source=The+Pipeline&utm_campaign=6c6966c110-The_Ultimate_Guide_to_Pipe_Smoking10_28_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8b777cbfbb-6c6966c110-73145765

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
I was checking this out the other day.. Looks pretty cool.. I am learning new stuff all the time..

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Nice to see another well thought out site. Clean and nicely put together. They unfortunately fall in the B&M/Internet site. Their prices fall right in the middle between B&M and the Internet big guys. The site layout is easily navigated though they need another server provider. They also need to cut the photo quality down in most places for faster loading. There's no need for magnified shots of Tobacco tins. You can also have a lower quality "hold" photo while the main loads. Those simple things will lower load rates 50%. They got a few quality artisans to put some pieces on the site, though a little pricy and higher end, which is nice to see instead of pages of $50 pipes that are "sold". I did note that there's free shipping at $50 which is nice for those who don't make the $100 mark. A few big purchase, low price deals could gather them a following.
Good to see they have pushed a social media attack with FB and Twitter. I always thought that running quick tweet deals would be a great way to grab impulsive buyers with the $50 shipping, and god knows we have enough of them. Problem is they think you're talking about a bird. ;) #tobbacodeals a new bird.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Shantiques
Thanks for posting this site
I found the basic pipe smokers guide to be easy to read and with a lot of great suggestions for the new pipe smoker.
The site was easy to navigate and totally different from the usual tobacco Internet location.
$50.00 with free shipping is a nice addition for the smaller orders
I also like the 'bac-pacs' for someone who hasn't tried all of the blends
Slightly higher in price than the other sites we usually order from, but I'm going to give them a try

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've been following them for a while, on their web page and via twitter (they tweet a lot). I don't have any issues with their web pages loading slowly, super-fast here via Firefox.
They have some pretty unique makers that aren't represented elsewhere and they appear to be seeking these type of rising makers. I'm not a big artisan pipe fan, so it's lost on me.
They are located in NJ, near my work travel. I'm hoping they open a true B&M someday.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks Al for the link. An excellent guide, well done.
I don't have any issues with their web pages loading slowly, super-fast here via Firefox.
+1
the site could be a tad faster I suppose, but all in all, no real issues with the speed on my end.
I've checked out their site before and it's very well done. Their prices are not very competitive and that's unfortunately why they haven't gotten my business yet. Still, Free shipping at the $50 price point is good. I hope to make a purchase from them some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.