PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Just got back from watching it with the GF. Marvel has been putting out great flicks in recent years. Wasn't familiar with the story but it was pretty entertaining. I liked the spoiler after the credits. Brought me flashbacks of my youth and got me anticipating the... sequel?

Aug 1, 2012
Saw it the day it came out here. Despite having 2 sets of subtitles, it was a fantastic movie. A few acting missteps made it less than perfect (Zoe Saldana didn't seem to always understand her part) but it was still an A++++ show.
Gotta love how they are tying the stories together with the clips after the credits in the Marvel movies.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
I really liked the comedy in this movie, like the character who doesn’t understand metaphors, the canine cosmonaut, etc.

Chris Pratt did an awesome job as the lead.

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Just got home from seeing it. It was easily the best Marvel movie, ranking right up there alongside the first Iron Man. And a kick-ass soundtrack to boot!? I might have to go see it a second time

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Went and saw it Thursday night (couldn't wait for Friday) as I'm a big fan of the Marvel movies and an avid comic book reader since I was a kid. Guardians was not a property I was familiar with until they began advertising and talking about the "next marvel movie" last year, so I had to bone up on it. I had high expectations for this movie based upon the treatment it appeared to receive in the trailers, which I was not let down by. As far as being true to the comics, there were some deviations, which worked well for the movie.
Drax is not as he is in the movie. In the comics he is not an ultra serious, thesaurus, but I thought that helped set him apart from the others in the film in a good way.
Yondu (the blue skinned Ravager played by Michael Rooker) was originally a member of the Guardians in their first incarnation before the current team took up the mantle. He was actually a good guy, not a space pirate/marauder/mercenary.
Ronan the Accuser wasn't a fully fleshed out character, and is actually pretty badass as basically a cosmic judge of judges.
The cosmonaut dog was actually Cosmo, the head of security of Knowhere in the comics, an actual character that was reduced to a visual joke, which is fine for the movie storyline.
There were also quite a few missing members of the Guardians but for obvious reasons they had to cut down the amount of cast.
NERD RANT CONCLUDED
Anyways, good movie on the whole. I wanted more Thanos and am eagerly anticipating him becoming the future villain that the Avengers (and Guardians) will deal with come the next installments of Avengers 3 and Guardians 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.