PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafmand

Lurker
May 11, 2019
Hi to all!
My name is Rafael and I live in Curitiba, a southern city in Brazil.
I'm a pipe enthusiastic since 1998. But I made a pause in pipe smoking (2003-2012). In 2015 I decided to make a tobacco cellar (I was finishing my PhD so I needed some distraction and relaxing hobby!). Nowadays in Brazil is very difficult to buy the classics and good worldwide renowed tobaccos. We have some regular/affordable local tobacco here but they don't have the same quality as "imported tobacco". There are some exceptions of course.
I like to smoke VaPers, Burley, Latakia but don't like much the pure Virginias. The grassy flavor don't hook me up. Yet. And I like aros.
That's it!
Cheers!

Rafael.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Welcome aboard! I can totally identify with the need for a relaxing hobby during the PhD grind.
We had/have another member from Brazil, username Machado if I recall correctly. He seems to have dropped off the map lately, but he was sharing some info on some of the interesting rope tobaccos available cheaply in Brazil.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site from Florida. You might want to check out the following sites for purchasing tobacco.

4noggins.com

tobaccopipes.com

smokingpipes.com

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Welcome rafmand! You'll enjoy it here. How are the smoking laws there? Restaurants? At work?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S. What's the leaf used in Brazilian pipe tobacco mostly? Is it a Virginia or burley leaf, or something else?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from California!
One of my favorite pipes was made by Gustavo Cunha. Some of my favorite football players are from Brazil!

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Greetings from Colorado.
My daughter-in-law is from Belo Horizonte, where I bought some very good Arapiraca rope tobaccos at the Mercado Central.

yPR7Yym.png

Perhaps you have a similar Tabacaria near you?

laniromee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2018
Oi, Rafael, bem vindo! Para fumar cachimbo no Brasil é necessário praticar, no mínimo, receptação.
Podemos trocar experiências e dicas, me manda uma mensagem privada se tiver interesse!

Status
Not open for further replies.