buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
692182_tcm2-25679.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Its a mean ole world for wabbits. He likely walked into the barn and scraped up some old baccy laying on the barn floor and stuffed it in his pipe before going huntin.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
Looks like a recent 'period photo', if it isn't then it is seriously impressive quality.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Greggors, the rabbits are staring at me too.... And they're talking to me...... They're saying "I'm delicious fried" ! :)

I hope its an orginal photo.

If it is original, no reason it needs to be from 1900. This picture could come from the 1940's, 60's, 70's. Old guns keep shooting for a long time. But the stock doesn't look like it has enough dings and scratches to be working a trapline.

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Awsome photo. Who knows, he might have got a new rifle and was a good day to take a photo way back when.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
the gun has iron sights on it.
LOL, my father still to this day refuses to let me hunt with a scope and if we are bow hunting it has to be a recurve. His says that technology has taken the sport out of hunting and anybody can hit a deer with a tuned scope. I am teaching my oldest daughter how to shot and I will teach her the same way. The way I figure it if she can shot off the irons if she has a scope and it gets messed up at least she can still hit her target. With all that said i would love to be taking longer shots with a high powered scope, would save the walk in and stalking to get a good sight picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.