PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Awhile ago, I purchased a Davidoff pipe of The eBay on the cheap. It arrived in seriously rough shape. The stem had been broken and repaired with a very generous amount of superglue which had worked its way around the pipe. I almost tossed it. I thought even though I'm no Davidoff fan, it could be a good smoker. I sent it off to a Ric at Briarville Pipe Repair in Tennessee. It ended being around $40.... and it was money VERY well spent!! I still can't believe how good it looks!!!! Great work Ric!!! I was even able to keep the original Davidoff signature stem.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Orley, it's my understanding that they're manufactured in Italy currently. They are good solid machine made pipes. While I'd never buy one in a retail situation, good deals are to be had in the secondhand market. For $400 new, I hate them. For $100'ish, they're seriously nice pipes, quite possibly the nicest pipe in the 100'ish range that you'll ever find.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I couldn't find the original before photos. I found this photo which I cropped and you can see a bit of the superglue, but the bad side was turned downwards because I was trying to take a pretty photo of my collection, but a "before" photo...

Before

After

Status
Not open for further replies.