PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
. Grandson standing by Computer he built, he's holding one of my Cane Checks I gave him to buy parts. Side note, yesterday at a little league game he had been in a hitting slump, well he hit a homerun with 2 men on base. Happy Kid. :clap:

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Built his own computer...he is already years ahead of the rest of his class...on his way to manhood with a good example in Grandpa.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It never fails to amaze me how the young take to technology. Very impressive young man. Papaw must be very proud. :clap:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I love the idea of the sugar cane proceeds being turned into computer know-how for your grandson. The homerun is a cherry on the sundae. You are so lucky to have a computer adept young'un near at hand.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The sugar cane check for the computer components reminds me of my late wife's aunt who grew up on a tobacco farm. When she told her father she would like a high school class ring, he said he'd kill a calf for the money. That's powerful close to the land, in the heart of the consequences. Grandaddy Dan, her father, was a mythic figure, I think half native American, Crow, I believe, and complicated, a big drinker and host of big holiday barbecue feasts, well loved and sensibly feared. The KKK came after him at one point, but his whole life story was like that. His wife had a graduate degree and taught, as did my late wife.

smokeydogg

Lurker
Apr 30, 2018
Please please please encourage him to earn Eagle. One of my biggest regrets is quitting scouts as a Star and not earning Eagle. At the time I (and class mates) didn't think it was "cool" to be in scouts. I was playing a lot of sports and with limited daily time I didn't want to devote more time to it. Now as a young adult I still cherish the things I learned and use it when going camping and backpacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.