Grand Budapest Hotel Pipe Smoking

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by pylorns
  • Latest reply from okiescout
  1. pylorns

pylorns

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you haven't seen the Grand Budapest Hotel, consider it - great movie especially if you're a fan of Wes Anderson's quirky movies.

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. pylorns

pylorns

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Something else interesting as you watch the film is that they change aspect ratio - when they show the 1930s its in 1.33 aspect ratio.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Interesting. I may have to give it a shot. I usually don't like most Wes Anderson films, but loved Moonrise Kingdom.

Al

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. buroak

buroak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ssjones, I did not care for Moonrise Kingdom, but I rather enjoyed Grand Budapest Hotel. Perhaps you will enjoy both.

Life contains a particle of risk. - Allardyce T. Meriweather in Little Big Man
    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cool movie. I have a longstanding "old hotel" fantasy. They show up in my dreams quite a bit. I lived in one such place my last eight months in the Navy away from a base. I have no explanation, but I have a great affinity for old hotels. The Jefferson in Richmond is a spectacular renovation, or was when I visited in the late nineties.

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. okiescout

okiescout

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Enjoyed the hotel scenes during the film, quite a place. I go the idea there was a great deal of digital work going on.
    Duh! Guess it all was. Just googled it up. Watched it on u-tube and don't remember much about it except they were out after the kid and what a great place it was.

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow."
    Benjamin Franklin
    Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ericusrex, pipejon, grilledokra, haparnold, donjgiles