PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Has anyone tried this? The description is of something completely way-out-there different. Curious to hear if anyone's tried it and what they think.
Blender's description:
"Perique is a powerful tobacco, both in flavour and strength. The long fermentation process makes it a tobacco commonly used as a condiment, used in small proportions to enrich the taste. You would expect to find Perique with a Gold Virginia or mixed in with a powerful Balkan/English blend.
Swamp Flower however, is different story altogether; based upon a heavy foundation of Kentucky and fire-cured Virginias, this gives the blend a solidly rich and earthy footing. In order to give the tobacco a subtle sweeter edge, some flue-cured Virginias are added together with a classic Lakeland Geranium topping; then along comes the Perique; a hefty portion is used to give the blend a little more oomph; after which a minuscule dusting of Turkish Izmir is added to furnish the blend a better combustion without making little difference to the tobacco.
The smoke is very rich, dark and complex; and the high amount of Perique bestows this blend a spicy experience, however, it confers it with a delicate light floral contrast. It is not a smoke for those who don’t like tobaccos with high nicotine content, as this packs an all-powerful punch!"

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I was going to step up and take one for the team but they won't ship tobacco to the US.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
It was sounding pretty good, until the whole Lakeland thing!
Yup. Gag me with a spoon. That Lakeland stuff is nasty :) Anyone want a tin of Peterson Hyde Park...only one bowl's-worth missing...and I dumped that right after the true light.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Sounds like a blend I just put up to age and meld a little. Sutliff's French Quarter (burley, black cavendish, Virginia) added about 15% perique and 5% Izmir. I'll let you know in a few months if it's any good

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Anyone know if we here in the USA can score a sample somehow?
I think your only option is to have someone over there ship you a sample "as a friend".

Status
Not open for further replies.