Got My Hands on Some Koiki Kizami Kiseru Tobacco from Japan!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2013
My review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySxL199XAOs&lc=z23lxxdxakzjh5mm1acdp4305zb5grxmeeduxkzcdgtw03c010c.1504657063481952
Im stupid lucky my better half is Japanese so last time she went there i had her bring me back a box of it.

Its pretty incredible its 100 percent grown in Japan virginia tobacco thats as fine as human hair. It also can be a little messy due to how finally its chopped. anyway, i break it out and try it for the first time on this review, so if anyone has been wanting to see what Koiki is like, or smoking a Kiseru, check it out ! Itsすごいだよ!
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I got a kiseru in a table lot at an auction. Held onto it for 25 years. Finally looked it up and realized it was worth twice what I paid for the whole table lot. Have not tried the tobacco in it, but was told it was good for three puffs. The tobacco I put in, I think Nightcap, lasted almost as long as a cig.

I tried smoking some Drum tobacco in a kiseru that was gifted to me, once the little box of hairlike tobacco was spent. T'was pretty good, but to me the whole kiseru is more about simulating a cigarette than the pipe (or at least closer to the cigarette). And, I think the biggest market for these pipes in the US is for smoking "alternative" non-tobacco stuff. But, if you want a quick nic-hit, it works pretty good. Whenever I see posts about a 15 minute smoke, I think kiseru. :puffy:

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Prefer my small clay pipe with some E A Carey's 'Desert Island mix" previous name 'mixed coconut!"

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Have my great uncle's kiseru. He lived in the Philippines in the 20'a. Assumed he smoked opium in it however, given it came with an ornate little metal "snuff" box that had old caked white material inside. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.