PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
And it turned out to be a '69 if I'm reading the stamp on the shank properly. It turned out to be even better than I hoped, with no cracks, little cake, some oxidation on the stem and a rudimentary cleaning/stem sterilization was all it needed to make it smokable! The stain is a beautiful red/brown and the drilling and fit is excellent! At $100, I think it was a steal. Of course, this thread would be worthless without pix!
Here are the markings on the shank. Very clear.
IMAG0065_zps03850b87.jpg

Inside the bowl, you can see the hole is right at the center at the bottom.
IMAG0063_zpsa6c969f9.jpg

This was before cleaning. There is some chatter but not bad for 43 years old and used.
IMAG0057_zps5d254027.jpg

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Bet that thing looks sharp in the sun where the stain can pop. Good for you B. Enjoy that bad boy.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I'm loving it. It's a 4 size and feels perfect in the hand and the teeth. I'm going to take a magic eraser to that stem oxidation and it will be perfect. I was expecting to have to send it to Walker for some restoration work, but it was just a little dirty and needed the shank and stem cleaned. Whoever owned it barely smoked it!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Nice pipe Baron, I bought a Dunhill silicon cloth from Amazon, really shines them up, of course I believe any silicon cloth would do, this pipes love Nitecap, again good find , glad for you the old cajun

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Thanks, Brad! I'll have to get a new silicon cloth. My other ones have gun grease all over them! I'm going to have some McClelland's Black Shag in it tonight as long as it's not raining outside.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Baron your next blend should be named in tribute to the after midnight thread you started. Just call it After Midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.