PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pipe8

Might Stick Around
Jan 3, 2013
Right, this is where I am.
I am a huge fan of summertime 2012 by Petersons, for me, it has full flavour and it tastes as amazing as it smells (which I have come to realise is very, VERY rare) and it's apparent I can't stock up on a life supply (not literally) and smoke it as I understand it will lose its flavour fairly quickly.
Can anyone recommend a top quality aromatic with vanilla or caramel that isn't limited edition!?.

No berry or alcohol blends please, unless you feel you could convert me with a perfect blend!
Price is no issue, I'd happily pay £15.00 ($23.80) for 50g (1.76 oz - average tin). I just want a smoke I can enjoy without the worry of falling in love with it and then being told I can never have it again!
I feel like I’ve been dumped hahaa! – Thanks Petersons! :cry:

Dec 24, 2012
I have heard some folks praise Milonga, by Dan tobacco. I believe it has the flavour profile you seek. I am not really an aromatic guy, so I will confess I haven't tried it.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I haven't tried Peterson's Summertime, but I'd also recommend Dan Tobacco's Milonga. Other options I'd recommend: Trout Stream from pipesandcigars.com or Lane LL-7

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Tastes are very individual. I know I told you aromatics are fairly fleeting, but who is to say you won't like what Summertime 2012 tastes like in 1 year, or 2? (Longer than that is a bit of a stretch, but who knows?)
All I can guarantee you is that it won't be the same. That is not to say that you won't enjoy what it turns into...
I would encourage you to buy as much as you will smoke within one year if you truly love the blend.
If you feel like buying more, just keep in mind that its flavours WILL change and it won't be as aromatic the longer you have it cellared.
Keep in mind that Peterson 2012 is mostly Virginia and burley with a bit of cavendish so it should have a little more staying power than a simple flavoured black cavendish blend...
I don't enjoy aromatics so I can't refer you to any other brands, but I just wanted to clarify that all is not lost and that you can get another season out of this blend if you so desire.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
If Vanilla is what you seek, then try some Eric Stokkebye 4th Generation 1957. This is a mild vanilla scented tobacco that tastes like it smells. Has a slight kick to it, much like the Peterson aromatics I have tried, but the flavor is tremendous.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I am a huge fan of Jack Lee Blend's Honey Malt. Made by our own pipeinhand. To me it smells fantastic and tastes just as good. You should give a whirl. Charges a little over $4 an ounce and IMO is probably the best Aro I have tried to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.