Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
A cool rain has gently fallen all day here in my neck of the woods. Since it was too wet to go outside and play I decided to tackle some long-neglected indoor chores.
First I cleaned and rearranged my clothes closet, chest of drawers, and armoire, culling those items I no longer wear and setting them aside for the Salvation Army. Next I did some mending (yes, I can sew), replacing some missing buttons on a favorite shirt and a winter coat. Finally I hand-waxed and buffed all 80-odd pipes in my collection, applying Maas Metal Polish as needed to the sterling and gold fitments. This is always a pleasant task, made even more so with Mr. Crosby singing on the stereo.
Dusk is waxing now, so it's time to curl up with a new/old book, Ray P. Holland's "Scattergunning," followed by some of Ray Bradbury's short stories, and then sleep.
If tomorrow is similarly soggy, I believe that I'll unfold a lawn chair in the garage, put up the door, and bid defiance to the weather with a pipe, a hot cup of coffee, and more books. I just hope that the rain continues.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
Sounds awesome. Oh how I miss the "cool" days. Won't be seeing those for quite a few months yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.