Good night Mrs. Calabash wherever you are! ;)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

9 Fresh Savinelli Autograph Pipes
New Cigars
72 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
18 Fresh Estate Pipes
3 Fresh Former Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Been off the grid for a few days with balance problems things will get better after my perfusion on Tuesday.
Still off balance but wanted to have a light smoke so I filled the Altinok-Davorin collaboration Calabash (the gourd portion and stem were made by Davorin using 8500 y/o Morta and the intricate Meerschaum bowl was made by Altinok) with 965 and keeping it smokey.

banjo
e4c15a4052ec29deaa32bbbee1d623524a1d2c6.jpeg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Yep, the Schnozzola himself. There was loads of speculation over who Mrs. Calabash was. Jimmy worked with fellow comic Sonny King who said it was Mrs. Durante who was ill and in Calabasas CA and he continued saying it after her death, he was a great comedian. I think his nose may have been larger than this pipe! ;)

banjo

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Sigh...they just don't make em like that anymore... Good night Gracie, Good night George...

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Stunning! Big, impressive, fancy... wow. Do you mind me asking the finished cost for a work of art like that, morta and the intricate meerschaum carving I love? (I always associate that style of carving with Sevket, who, if he didn't create it, I think perfected it).

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Wow, banjo, what a beauty! I hope it helps you restore your healthy relationship to gravity.

Balance issues can lay you OUT!

Full to the brim too! I love that. No worries about rim stains or char. Go for it brother.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
Wow! Sweet pipe Sante! Hope you're feeling on the up and up soon. I don't know how you dedicate time to so many great pipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.