PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I'm a quite passionate fella about some things.One is pipe smoking.Another is eating cheese.I can eat it by itself or in sandwhices or melted in stuff.I just read that cheese eaters have 12% less risk of getting Type 2 Diabetes than folks who don't.Pipe smoking and cheese two of my passions.Wonder if someone could come up with cheese flavored pipe tobacco.OK maybe you find that idea silly..Pipe smoking and cheese though.You know you love both.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Google tobacco and hit the images button. You will see these round things that resemble an okd time hatbox wrapped in tobacco leaves. Click the pic. Then you will see that this is cheese wheels wrapped in tobacco leaves. I just came across it yesterday when i was looking for a tobacco leaf picture to paint on a pipe box i was making with my sons. I found it intriguing. I'f you happen to purchase some let me know if its good. Heck, I'll pay you to ship me a hunk :D

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Cheese wrapped in tobacco leaves.

6a010536d5f7d3970c013488dfd0be970c-500wi

joshy

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2011
I'm a big fan of cheese as well, though I don't know how I'd feel about a cheese flavored tobacco. All that comes to mind is a Cheez Whiz blend :lol:
Given the opportunity I'd gladly try that cheese wrapped in tobacco leaves though. I can see that having a real nutty flavor.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Wonder if someone could come up with cheese flavored pipe tobacco.
Some Oriental blends have a gamey, funky taste that should appeal to cheese lovers. That might be a good place to start.

I heard H&H's Larry's Blend, and Magnum Opus have that sort of appeal, but I've never tried them.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
lol Mike...
Actually I love cheese. I will go out of my way to find some good bread, some good cheese, a good beer and sit down for a nice relaxing time with good conversation. It somehow reminds me of days when things were slower and when people would site around a table, with bread, cheese and good drink to enjoy each others company. Note that I'm not snobby about it. I just love the atmosphere it creates. I can enjoy a grilled cheese sandwich with Kraft slices as much as anyone else ;-)
Anyways, I digress, there are actually different cheeses that are wrapped in different leaves of herbs, plants and yes, tobacco. There are cows milk cheeses, but also sheep and goat cheese that are treated this way. It's supposed to impart a floral, herby almost smoky flavor to the cheese, depending on which tobacco is used I guess. I've had some and quite liked it.
Now the other way around... I don't see myself sprinkling a bowl with blue cheese anytime soon :rofl:

joshy

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2011
I don't know Mick, a blue cheese bowl might work out if you smoke while eating a good steak. :lol:

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Thanks for the post. I'm a cheese lover too and I try any new cheese I see at the supermarket. I tried Limburger cheese a few weeks ago - it was a month passed the expiration date - boy, that was something to say the least. STUNK up the entire house - had to eat it outside!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I like Brie and Camembert. Make a Camembert omelette one day and top it with shreds of Irish Cheddar, cubed garden tomato and fresh basil, all chopped up. That is a badass omelette.

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
I was thinking that Bacon aro would be awesome, But maybe a nice smoked cheddar and bacon.... The house would perpetually smell of awesome-ness

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Limburger,Braunschweiger,red onion,and Pumpernickel..MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGOOOOOD :worship:

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Very ripe Limburger with a thick slice of onion on dark toasted rye with Dijon mustard - that's what I had a few weeks ago. First time...had to eat it outside...my wife thought I was sick in the head. She thought it smelled like a corpse. :mrgreen: But our dog thought the smell was heavenly.

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
I enjoy a good aged cheddar with smoked sausage on saltine crackers with a cold beer... The smell of Limburger has pretty much kept me from trying it as I start to gag...

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yeah If I eat any aged cheese, my wife just says yuck. She hates the smell, hates the taste and doesn't want it! My doggies want anything I have, the more rotten the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.