PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Im hunting high and low to try some new baccy for super cheap. Im on a fairly tight budget, but I would like to get some bulk or tin samples for as cheap as possible if any of you guys can help my hunt, I would greatly appreciate it. Im not too picky, Ill try anything once :)

Jul 15, 2011
The Hearth and Home sampler from pipesandcigars.com lets you get 6 different samples, 2 ounces each, of different Hearth and Home blends and I think it comes in right around the $30 area. Not a bad deal and it is all very high quality tobacco.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
The Hearth and Home sampler from pipesandcigars.com

You can build your own sampler, too. That may be the best deal out there. Nobody is gonna do samplers of lower-end stuff.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Jud's right. I've never heard of low-end samplers. What would be the point?
And I'm not sure what "tin samples" would be. No retailer is going to open a tin just to send you a pinch, and I've never seen teeny tiny sample tins (although they would be pretty fun).
I guess I'm wondering, how cheap is "cheap"? How cheap does it need to be? You can buy a tin of excellent tobacco online for $12 to $14 if you do some looking. That's pretty darn cheap.
But that's for the US... where do you live?

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
@bigvan,
And I'm not sure what "tin samples" would be. No retailer is going to open a tin just to send you a pinch, and I've never seen teeny tiny sample tins (although they would be pretty fun).
here is a tin sampler offered by P&C
http://pipesandcigars.com/heandhosa.html#.UT_FBDf57Y8

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
The tin sampler is 6 full tins. That's a pretty good price - not quite as good as their bulk sampler, but still a good deal.

I think P&C does several tin samplers, but it is full tins. They're a better price than buying the tins on their own, but they aren't inexpensive.

Lots of times you can buy an ounce of individual blends for not too much. That can let you try stuff. I did that last year with a bunch of Altadis latakia blends.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
smokingpipes.com has Mac Baren bulk tobacco for really cheap. While they're not samplers, you can get 8oz of 7 Seas any kind for $10.62 plus shipping. Here's the link:
MacBaren 7 Seas
Check that; price went up from yesterday - Mac Baren 7 Seas Regular and Gold are still $10.62 for 8oz, the others are a couple bucks more.

Status
Not open for further replies.