PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdwebb12

Might Stick Around
Jan 25, 2013
Hey guys, I've been waiting for what seems like forever for P&C to get more 8oz bags of Dunbar in, but it looks like I'm going to have to try a different bulk VaPer. Any recommendations? I'd prefer a broken flake or ribbon cut as opposed to a flake.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I'd prefer a broken flake or ribbon cut as opposed to a flake.
Preferences are preferences but I find the thing I like the most about flakes are their versatility. You can smoke them as is, break them up, or rub them out as desired... I guess if you never smoke them as flakes then its irrelevant but my point is that there are a lot of great tobaccos out there that come exclusively as flakes - you may be missing out...
McClelland 2015 or Luxury Bullseye Flake (coin cut - easy to rub out) would be my suggestions as I don't know too many bulk va/pers. I hear Cool Hand Fluke is supposed to be good but I haven't taken the plunge yet. 40% perique - John Patton blend by 4noggins.
8oz Fillmore sounds good, too...
C&D Bayou Morning is another option but I was not a big fan. Virginias were a little too dry and earthy for my tastes - I'd prefer more sweetness. The price is right though so it could be worth a small sample.

zdwebb12

Might Stick Around
Jan 25, 2013
I like flakes don't get me wrong. I have Dunhill Flake and FVF right now, my next flake purchase will be the PS Luxury Bullseye Flake. I'm looking for a bulk VaPer that isn't a flake for easy, no fuss, packing.
I have tried Fillmore and it was a little stout for my taste, but most of GLP's blends are. I like McClelland's 5100, so I'm thinking I might go with the 2015. Still open for suggestions, thanks for the feedback!

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
For non-flake bulk VaPers, I would second the recommendation of Anniversary Kake. Great stuff and ages divinely.
Also, as stated above, Luxury Bullseye Flake coins are rolled much looser than Escudo and are very easy to rub out. May be worth a try even if you don't like flames. Not much effort to make LBF a broken flake. Fantastic blend.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Anni Kake is brilliant, a sweet, savory, punchy VaPer that ages divinely, as stated. Daughters & Ryan's SJ Rimboche is a great loose cut that is on the opposite end of the spectrum, a very dry, bright VA-forward blend with 100% St. James--I love it as a blender, usually upping the Perique to 40%+ or throwing in some Syrian Lat...or both. It can also double nicely as a RYO.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
im in the same boat with my P&C order. Im surprised to see that the tinned AK is quite a bit cheaper than the bulk. Its too bad they are sold out of the 8oz tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.