PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Dropped the ballot off the other day. No standing in lines this time. However no cookies and coffee this time either.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I dropped mine in the mail last week. Love Mail-In ballots despite the bad rep they get from the Right and the other issues they can be subject to.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
As one being accused of being on the right (I'm actually a Libertarian) I do like the convenience of vote by mail. However I do miss seeing my neighbors volunteering at the polling places. Also, we still have the same problems of voter fraud and apathy not to mention those who will wait until the last possible minute to drop their ballots off. You will see them clogging the streets on the news coverage tonight. I don't think vote by mail has changed anything here in Oregon.

Jun 4, 2014
No lines when I stopped to vote. It amazes me how many people ingnore their right to vote, I swear they think you can only do it once every four years.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
If you can carry the guilt . . . by all means, cast a ballot. I did this year, for the first time in a few, as I finally had a candidate I could vote for. I detest voting for the least offensive candidate.
I always vote on issues, hardly ever find a human worthy of my support.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
have voted in every election since i turned 18.
had to hold my nose a time or two but, at least, the deed was done.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I would rather vote for the best of the worse than not vote at all.

I usually get what I don't vote for. But I understand your logic Warren.

I just wish the politicians would start doing what we elect them to do & stop planning & running their next election campaign & party crap. The isle needs to be crossed & work on what is best for the country.

Next discussion can it be about religion? :)

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
There is always an issue to vote on, even if not a person. I am saddened when I meet people who refuse to combat their ignorance and get to the polls.
Of course I am equally saddened by people who vote, completely clueless of the issue.
And also by the people who describe their beliefs only to go on to say they voted the complete opposite of their own convictions because the initiative was too convoluted for them.
Sigh.
Elections are sad times.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have missed one primary since 1983.
Today, I am not sure if I voted. I arrived at 6:00 to vote. The gizmo started printing lables for everyone in the district and then marking them as already voted. After 30 minutes, they finally got me a ballot to vote on. Not sure if this worked.
Yes, I live in IL.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Winton, someone told me today that if you were in line, your vote counted, even after the 7 pm closing time. Hope they were right.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Mission accomplished! Too many have sacrificed too much that I may have this right to vote, so I take it very seriously.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Illinois! My wife was a reporter on a team for the Trib which won a Pulitzer for an involved story on vote fraud. She advised me they could have done the story every election, only changing a few names here and there.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I think the straight ticket voting option should be removed. While we're at it, I think D & R should be removed from candidate names as well. To vote all D or R is irresponsible. This might actually encourage people to research who they are voting for. Alas, most people (who bother to even vote in the first place) make their choices based on 30second mudslinger political ads.
PipesMagForum members excluded. Because we rock. :)

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Warren, newspaper folks rock.
Congrats to your wife on reaching the pinnacle of quality journalism. Not everybody makes it to the Loving Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.