PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
A lot of guys come on here and ask "What is a good blend that my wife will like the smell of?" or they say "My wife says this smells like manure!"... Well my wife is a perfume connoisseur in the way we are tobacco connoisseurs. Today I come in for dinner fresh from a long bowl of Blue Mountain and she says "What is that cologne you are wearing? It smells wonderful?". She starts sniffing me all over and complimenting my aroma. She never said that when I smoked 100 other aromatics. Lucky me! My wife loves the smell of my new favorite baccy when I was fully expecting the manure comment. Go figure...

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Yah but my point is that I just find it odd that she likes the smell of a hardcore Balkan over aro's and maybe other guys can try it out.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I think my wife likes the smell of frog Morton on me the best. I have a couple aros like eggnog and whatever,but no comment! I really need to get some blue mountain and blackhouse!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
She never said that when I smoked 100 other aromatics. Lucky me! My wife loves the smell of my new favorite baccy when I was fully expecting the manure comment. Go figure...
Go figure is right - you're a lucky man!

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I was fortunate enough to marry a woman 29 1/2 years ago who doesn't mind the smell of most Latakia blends. What does bother her is some over-perfumed aromatics. I smoked a bowl of a blackberry tobacco (it might have been a Lane or Altadis blend) years ago and it immediately gave her a headache and she asked me to put it out. She especially likes the new Frog Morton's cellar which delights me since it is my favorite tobacco at the moment.

Smokey

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
I don't think she particularly likes the room note. Or maybe she just can't tell she likes the room note because it makes her sneeze when she gets near a burning bowl? It is the "after-smell" left in my clothes that seems to be doing it for her. Whatever the case may be, yes I am a lucky man! I can only hope Black House has the same effect because I have high hopes for making it my go-to smoke.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Frog Morton has always gotten me compliments about how good it smelled from multiple people that don't normally like the smell of pipe tobacco, a store employee noted that he considered it an aromatic even though he knew it was not (is his favorite blend). I'm on the fence with that one, never smelled someone smoking it before. I personally have no idea how to describe the smell I get from smoking it, other than mabey a really mellow cigar smell, mabey a little old fashioned. The one frog that did seem to smell wonderful to me was across the pond. The special latakia had a very tropical smell, but I did not like the flavor nearly as much as the regular.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Another one on my to try list... Soooooooo many baccys and not enough time to try them all!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Great Compliment! In 40 years, June has never complained about my tobacco, and almost all are non-aero. She

only asks that I don't lite-up inside first thing in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.