PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
For those interested in the new G L Pease blends that will be available this Tuesday, here they are:
Regents Flake
Description:
A generous measure of fine Izmir leaf is layered on a sturdy foundation of mature red and sweet bright Virginia tobaccos, then pressed and allowed to mature and ferment in cakes before being sliced and tinned. This is one for the lover of Oriental mixtures, with their exotic and enticing incense-like aroma and brilliant flavour. Rub up a flake or two, fill a cherished pipe, and prepare for an exceptional smoking experience.
Temple Bar
Description:
Rich, ripe red and sweet golden Virginia tobaccos are generously spiced with fine, fragrant Orientals and enhanced with a delicate touch of Perique for a bit of added depth and complexity. The leaf is carefully layered and pressed for a fortnight into large cakes, which are then cut into bars and tinned, ready to be sliced and rubbed out as desired for your ultimate smoking pleasure.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
That is good to hear that your review is pending. I value your opinion and evaluations. A few months back I posted on a thread that GLP should do an Oriental flake and he pointed out his Embarcadero which is a red Virginia Oriental. I clarified that I wanted a flake consisting of bright Virginia and Orientals along the lines of P&W Wilke No. 10. My opinion is the bright Virginias work best in an Oriental. Regardless, I expect these two will be great and have a bit more kick than the P&W No. 10 which I find to be fantastic.

glpease

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 17, 2010
California
Oh great. Two more blends that will sell out in 5 minutes!
These will be in regular production, not limited editions. Hopefully, we've planned well for the initial demand.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I love GLP tobaccos. I really do. I have quite a few in my cellar.
Now, I gotta get two more. Dang, this is a tough life!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
If you like Orientals, you will enjoy both blends. I'm about a day away from finishing my reviews as I'm still smoking the blends to insure accuracy.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Regular Production? Pease, Thanks Be to God! So many things coming from the C&D House lately are limited. Limited makes since with the FDA Apocalypse Approaching faster than Light speed. Good Luck, Out in the Wild World of REGULATORY RECREATIONAL REFORM

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
Is there such a thing as regular production for new tobacco blends? By nature of the new FDA regs, how can they be anything more than a limited release?

Not trying to sound like a jerk. Just wondering.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
They'll have eighteen months to sell them. Might as well get a few more things out while possible.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Mars has them up and pictured on it's web site - but sadly still marked "out of stock".

And very nice label art Mr.Pease!
Plugugly

Status
Not open for further replies.