PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
So, after being on this forum for a few months and reading Greg Pease's articles, I figured I should try some of his tobacco. I had no idea where to begin. I looked at the tins at the B&M and picked one basically at random because it didn't sound like anything I had opened yet. I debated between a few but figured what the heck. I will be buying more. I can't tell what I like better now; his articles or his tobacco. If they're all as good as this I'll be a happy smoker!

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Which one did you pick? I am really enjoying Triple Play.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
I got Haddo's Delight. Not what I would have normally gone for but neither was Macbaren's Plum Cake and I've been enjoying that immensely. The last three tins I've opened (Nightcap, the Plum Cake, and Haddo's) have all been big winners with me. It's nice to find things you like to smoke quite a bit!
Gentlemen, I will make sure to put those on the next buy list!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Ooooo Quincy... one of my all time favorites.

Just wait till you spike it with a pinch of Perique....

Nirvana.

Oh yeah... Great title by the way. :clap:

:puffy:

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
If you like classic Latakia forward English blends, I'd recommend Westminster, Abingdon and Charing Cross. Key Largo is great of you like cigar leaf blends. Here's the link the Greg's blend collections:
http://www.glpease.com/CompleteList/

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
I saw one that sounded like an Oriental forward blend. It looked like it was similar to Presbyterian MIx but with a little latakia in it. I know Presbyterian claims to have some in it, but not that I've noticed. I can't remember what it was called but I'm going to search for it again and get it too.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I too am just starting on my Pease journey thanks to Rmbittner (Bob). So far I'm about three quarters of the way through a tin of Ashbury and I've had nothing but great smokes with this blend. It will definitely be interesting to see the variations among his other English/Balkan blends. Gotta love the journey and Mr. Pease :)

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
If you're into oriental forward blends, I'd recommend Cairo. It's my favorite oriental on the market right now. It's complex, spicy, and utterly unique.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
I'm ashamed to admit that in 13 years of pipe smoking, I have yet to try any of Mr. Pease's blends and I have no valid excuse for not doing so. :(

englishdave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
Denver, CO
I took a long break from pipe smoking for a while. Something to do with the cigar craze of the 90's...
I was re-introduced by a friend of mine who broke open a can of GLP's Ravens Wing. In my regular rotation of seven blends, Pease accounts for five of them. I guess that says it all.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I pick-and-choose from among Pease's offerings based on my own peculiar tastes; and I have never been disappointed by a Pease blend. :puffy:
Since you've chosen Haddo's, and are enjoying it, you might get a kick out of pstlpkr's review.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I haven't had a bad Pease blend yet...Jack Knife plug, Sextant,

Haddo's, all great blends

+1 thesmokindragon.
Not a one is a loser in IMO

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'm a big Pease fan. I have more pounds of Pease blends in the cellar than anything else -- and more different blends than any other blender. I will say, though, that I strongly favor his English and Balkan blends.
Bob

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Really enjoyed the Westminster tin I just finished, and the tobacco order I just got included another one and some Fillmore. Good blend, but I've not had other VaPers so I can't compare it to anything. Definitely planning on trying more of his English/Balkan blends! Between GLP and C&D for favorite blender right now.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Chelsea Morning is one of my favorite smokes at work. It's really sweet, full, and creamy with an iced coffee and cream. Haddo's is another blend I think I'll keep on hand for those damp fall days.
I've got a bit of Fillmore I'm working on now. I was pushing it, so I put it on the back burner and jarred the rest.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
I haven't tried any Pease blends yet. I did buy an 8 oz. tin of Two Friends, English Chocolate and I love it. Two friends for those who don't know is a blend by Pease and "Corell and Diehl" I will be putting Haddo's Delight on my next order.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
8 oz. tin of Two Friends, English Chocolate and I love it.
Ditto. Love this stuff and it is a regular in my rotation. I also went through a tin of Maltese Falcon, it was my least favorite so far but still not bad. I have a tin of JKP and Westminster waiting to be popped as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.