PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I rarely post in the tobacco forum because I'm a codger who settled on favorites long ago and rarely experiment.
I recently opened a 10 year old jar of DF that seemed flat, though, so decided to mix it with an equal amount of Brown Bogie (a rope) sliced to match, width-wise.
Wow. It was (is, I'm smoking it right now) amazing. Much better than either smoked separately. Both "bass" notes and "high" notes, with a powerful, lingering "tobacco-y" flavor.
Highly recommended. :puffy:

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Whoa, I'm going to try that one for sure. Thanks, George! I'll have to substitute fresh DF for 10-YO and Brown Irish X for Bogie, but hopefully I can still sort of get the idea. I wish more folks would tell us about their half-and-half discoveries. I always enjoy trying them out if I've got the ingredients (or something in the ballpark) at hand.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I think the G&H ropes shine when mixed with something else, truly. They are nice by themselves, but tend to be one dimensional and strong. I frequently mix the ropes with either another G&H flake or a straight VA with great results. PS Norwegian is another mixer for the ropes too, and I suspect it's the sweetness of the oriental in that one that adds to the combination.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
I’m smoking this now in my 1958 Dunhill Root Briar, shape 197. It’s fantastic. Thanks again.
45148fcf-482e-4470-a287-00834e2b1b48-600x450.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I may be buying some rope today, so this is interesting.
I think the G&H ropes shine when mixed with something else, truly. They are nice by themselves, but tend to be one dimensional and strong. I frequently mix the ropes with either another G&H flake or a straight VA with great results. PS Norwegian is another mixer for the ropes too, and I suspect it's the sweetness of the oriental in that one that adds to the combination.
Any specific VAs you enjoy with this combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.