PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
I had my first pipe full of GH- Rum twist last night. I have to say , i did not get any rum flavor ...more of a cask flavor , which i like. It was not at all sweet which is also good i was concerned that it would be heavy on the flavoring. It was quite strong but not over powering with nic. I liked it . I also got some PH-Reserve Crue #2 i will give that a shot tonight. Has anyone else had this before ? Is it super sweet? I love the smell of it.

None of the twist are what I would call "aromatic" as they tend to just have the scent at the lighting, but quickly fades away to those empire Virginias. Coconut Twist is the same. But, I like to still mix the Coconut Twist with Molto Dolce to keep that coconuty caramel flavoring throughout the smoke.

I haven't tried the cherry twist yet, as the term "cherry" and tobacco together has me whimper like a dog that knows what a rolled up newspaper is used for. :puffy:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I like rum twist. If you tasted the Rum Flake, you can tell that the same sauce is used for both. The twist isn't sprayed down, though.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I haven't tried the cherry twist yet, as the term "cherry" and tobacco together has me whimper like a dog that knows what a rolled up newspaper is used for

Great turn of phrase. Made me think of the opposite, when I reach for the leads hanging on the rack, the dogs go crazy happy, (as I do when lemon meringue pie is being served, another thought that came with the cherry twist.)

davidy97

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Tx
What’s the room note like on the rum and coconut twists? Is it crowd approved?

Is it crowd approved?

That really depends on the crowd. I suggest maybe packing two pipes, one with your twist, and one with chopped tire rubbers, latakia, and old paper towels. Light the dumpster fire first, and when the wife tells you that stinks, get out, say, "Ok ok, I will get rid of it, but this next one has won awards for being a crowd pleaser," then light the rope. This is the same reason, all of the big headliners want Nickleback to open for them, ha ha. :puffy:

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
thats a good thought Cosmic,I got grief from "she who must be obeyed" tonight re smoking Nightcap in the house.I have some GH irish twist rum in stock so maybe I should smoke that

Status
Not open for further replies.