Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
C&D Jolly Old Saint Nicholas is a nice malty Virginia with Black Cavendish/ with a spit of perique. A kiss of Grand Mariner and ginger which can’t possibly ghost your briar sweetens the batch. It kind of reminds me of GLP Virginia Cream in the sense that the tobacco is so so and the topping is hit or miss between each smoke. I personally believe the black cavendish throws the mixture into a tail spin. A simple Virginia/perique flake with the same topping would’ve been something special. The last half of the bowl is where old Nick shines. Sip it slow and enjoy the tin art. The wisp of perique and the top quality malty Virginia keeps me coming back as well as the sweetness that the topping adds. I think over time a pipe dedicated to a tin will improve the smoke, allowing the pipe to get to know the mixture. I give it a 2 1/2 stars. Who knows, some age may throw it into the stratosphere. Jeremy, Golden Days of Yore is still my favorite Xmas blend. Sir, you really hit something with that one:)

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Sometimes a drink can add a different dimension to a tobacco here’s two for this tobacco:
Drink 1
2oz Scotch of choice

Reeds Ginger Beer

1/2 slice of lime
Drink 2
1oz Sotol

1oz Pomegranate juice

1/2 oz of Grand Mariner

Sprig of Rosemary

Lime peel

Orange peel

Top off with favorite Champagne
Take the oz of sotol and Pom juice and ice and shake. Use the orange peel to Rim with sugar. Add ice Pom and Sotol on top of 1/2 oz of Grand Marnier; top off with champagne then garnish with lime & orange zest with rosemary sprig. Add more ice if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.