PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
“When the word moderation becomes a dirty word, we have some soul searching to do.” ~GHWB
Well done, good and faithful servant. ~Matthew 25:23

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
He was an interesting cat. His speeches when he ran for the nom in '80 were a lot different than his run in '88. Overall, he was a good president and I never have any personal issues with his kids, though I sometimes disagreed with them. RIP Mr. President.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
"Read my lips... No New Taxes!"

Now I was just a young man (early teen) when he was in office, so I can't really speak to his time in office as I didn't pay much attention to the news back then. However, I did appreciate Dana Carvey's portrayal of him on SNL. He did a great job with his impersonation. Gotta give the man credit for leading a full and active life. May he rest in peace.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Some George H.W. Bush quotes:
"I'm conservative, but I'm not a nut about it."
"The day will come - and it is not far off - when the legacy of Lincoln will finally be fulfilled at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, when a black man or woman will sit in the Oval Office. When that day comes, the most remarkable thing about it will be how naturally it occurs."
"Old guys can still do fun things."

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Speaking as a Brit, I always liked the man. There was a basic decency about him I think - sadly not always a common trait among our political masters. Condolences to his family at this time of both loss and pride.
Mike

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
WW2 veteran, Congressman, Ambassador to the U.N., Director of the CIA, Vice-President, 41st POTUS and he held a steady hand at the wheel during the fall of the Soviet Union. Not a band run sir, not bad at all. Rest In Peace.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
We've had better, we've had worse. I always liked him. Seemed like a decent family man...married 73 years to Barbara. Rest in Peace.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yep, He was the last of the Old Gaurd. He was more of the progressive slant, but he wasn’t wacky about it. If he hadn’t followed through on his Bosses Policies, the world may look a little different. When I met this fellow, one word came to mind “Vitality”

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
had some problems with his admins attack in fed employee 1st amendment rights, like off-hour ministers, writers, speakers on subjects unrelated to their job, but rip to ghw..

Status
Not open for further replies.