PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
For sale on SPC, any thoughts, I don't think I'll pull the trigger just yet.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/united-states/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=185206
004-009-7288.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really like it as an object of art. As a pipe to smoke, I don't find it appetizing. All the enjoyment is visual. Settling in with a big bowl of MM 965 in this pipe seems like missing the point, for me. It's a piece that seems to require an audience. I rarely smoke with an audience, so I don't know what I'd be doing with it -- smoking in the mirror? Just my take.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
I'm alarmed by all the metal going into wood. Are different expansion rates not a factor in an application like this? I would fear cracking the wood when the screws got hot, but maybe I'm just worrying too much.

Mar 1, 2014
Darn kids! Get off my lawn!
Ahem, I mean, what a lovely pipe, I'm sure the artistic expression is worth every penny.

(ActualIy I like steampunk, but I won't pay a lot of money for it. Part of the appeal is the DIY attitude.)

hooboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
I do as a hobby for a number of years repair old mechanical clocks and when I see the so called steampunk art, I see usually the remains of a collectable clock that's been destroyed !

I saw an example once for instance that someone had made a piece of so called jewelry from their Grandparents "Regulator Wall clock" which in good shape in todays market would have brought a coupla thousand dollars! ( the steampunk sold for 10 at a flea maket)

Well You can guess my thoughts on the "steampunk " butcherey.

IT IS A TRAVESTY!

hoo (trying to get his Blood psi down)

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Went to Renaissance Fair last year and one booth was selling steampunk pipes. They were all metal and heavy. Some had a fine mesh in the bottom that I don't think was intended for tobacco use.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Hooboy,
Have you seen the pens with clock parts underneath the acrylic? I have turned a few pens for gifts, etc but certainly don't consider myself a pen maker. There are instructional videos on YouTube.
oeeee.jpg

eqpkc8.jpg

t0izqc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.