PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
Quick question for you all. I'm looking at tr.com and see that both the sweet maple twist and rum twist state they are both the same base tobacco as Black and Brown Irish X. But if you look at the leaf for each, Maple says it's VA and Rum says Burley/Kentucky. Which is it?

The stuff on the header for each tobacco was put in by whomever was the first to review it. I would take those things with a grain of salt. But, IMHO, Rum, Maple, and Coconut Twist are not nearly as strong as black and brown Irish X. They may be made up of the same tobaccos, which are burleys and Dark African virginias, but I'm not sure if I can detect any Kentucky. It could be that someone is misconstruing Dark Fired Malawi for Dark Fired Kentucky. But DFK is a weakling in comparison to Malawi.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
cool, I'm holding you to it then Cosmic, thanks.
It's not something that would sway my decision either way since I've already hit that magic happy button that makes cool stuff show up at my door.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
I was scared at first to try the rope tobac, I smoked coconut twist, and I can say that it was a pleasant smoke, I thought I was going to get sick from the nicotine, but come to find out it was medium of the nic level.

Status
Not open for further replies.