PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
This was just too funny...and painful at the same time.
Message to “TV Media”:
It’s ok, you can admit it, you’re all a bunch of overpaid teleprompter-reading frauds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM8L7bdwVaA

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
That was really funny for the first five, then it kept going. Good post.

jthomas04

Might Stick Around
Oct 15, 2013
lol- that was funny...but most of knew that these puppets aren't wingin it when they're on air.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Dear lord, if the Gorillas see this, they'll know its time to rise, opposable thumb or not.

wallace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 20, 2012
At first I was like :lol:

Then George Orwell crossed my mind

And then I was like 8O

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That was really funny for the first five, then it kept going.
lol ... yeah, then it started getting creepy.
Dear lord, if the Gorillas see this, they'll know its time to rise, opposable thumb or not.
LOL
At first I was like

Then George Orwell crossed my mind

And then I was like
Exactly. That Conan segment is merely a silly example serving to illustrate a point...and is but the tip of an iceberg imo. Much of what is presented to us as reality is scripted/staged...past, present and future.
I never tire of listening to Mr. Beale...he tried to explain it all many years ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvT_qEZJf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcpWk2WKhEM

Aug 14, 2012
I had a haircut like Conan when I was 12 years old. I wasn't getting laid with it. Even though I tried a girl or two or ten.

That show, American Pickers, looks like a couple of guys driving around making deals with people they happen to stumble upon. Well, they filmed three episodes at a buddy of mine's place, a car museum, and they hired people to play parts. They did part of it in the car storage area, making sure that never did the camera show the showroom floor of the museum, and they actually arranged parts of it like a set. All fake. Absolutely none of that show is real. They had teleprompters for all of the paid actors to look like they were dickering on prices, etc... And, I imagine none of the other "reality shows" are real either.

Oh, and when they filmed an episode of that Bear Grylls Survival, here in our woods, which they said on the air was a military training facility, LOL. They did most of it in a vacant lot behind a convenient store. They were never more than a hundred feet from a Slurpee machine, LOL. However, it is amazing how a camera angle can make a scene look totally different.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Oh, and when they filmed an episode of that Bear Grylls Survival, here in our woods, which they said on the air was a military training facility, LOL. They did most of it in a vacant lot behind a convenient store. They were never more than a hundred feet from a Slurpee machine, LOL
Now that's funny!!! :lol:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@cosmicfolklore: lol ... Doesn’t surprise me. As I’ve said before, I consider “Reality TV” to be the greatest oxymoron in the history of the English language.

Status
Not open for further replies.