Fund Raising Ideas (Daughter's Trip to Europe)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
First, let me say that this is not a solicitation for money, but truly a request for ideas.
Second, my daughter has been selected to go on an honor band trip to Europe this summer. I have been a very proud father as I watch my daughter work an after school and save her money and tips. It is very encouraging to see a young person put in long hours and with a dedication to delayed gratification put their money away for a goal that was over a year away. However, even with her all her saving it is becoming a reality that she is going to come up a short.
What I am looking for is some good fund raising idea to help her fill in this gap. Please share ideas that you may have. The fund raising will need to be done over the next month and a half, and therefore She and I will move forward quickly. An idea I have is to see if any local business would be willing to sponsor her. Thoughts on this?
I know that pipe smokers tend to be a creative bunch and I look forward to hearing your creative solutions.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I just took a look at some of these fundraising ideas for kids, and there are some really good ones you may want to look into. Good luck and congrats on having such a great daughter! -
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=fund+raising+ideas+for+kids

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Pagan beat me to it! That is a great resource particularly if she is active on Facebook as her donor network will already be in place. If she updates her wall while she's on the trip her sponsor's s will be able to see their ROI directly.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I have a few ideas, but due to child labor laws and a worldwide ban on "human slavery", none of my ideas are "practical".

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
One of the teachers where I worked is going to help us set up a Gofundme page. I am also looking over the webpage with the suggestions for other fundraising ideas. Thank you all for your thoughts. I am very proud of my daughter and can't wait to share some pictures once she goes and comes back.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I thought I would update this thread to let you all know that as of today we have save and raised the necessary amount for my daughters band trip to Europe. Thank you for the fundraising ideas, and know that we used the shared wisdom to figure out how to tackle the funding gap.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
As a proud European, I am so glad your daughter has raised the needed funds. It will be the trip of a lifetime for her, I am sure.
What countries in Europe will she be travelling in?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
JN you're a good Dad, also letting people know how the project is going is something a lot of Forum Members don't do, they have a problem , lots of good advice , and no feedback. Your feedback shows you are a respectful man, your daughter is fortunate to have you. :clap:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great to discover the larger world when young. Especially as the world grows smaller around our shoulders. And the band performances will provide a way of sharing with the people in various places. Good way to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.