PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I've been working on the new shop and now that it's done, thought I better get a pipe made. So here it is.
It's not made from the best briar (had lots of flaws) and the stem is just a reworked pre-made with an added acrylic piece. The rustication is just something I did quick and the extreme cant won't appeal to most pipe smokers. I even see a few things I could really do better, but I think I'll just move on to the next pipe, rather than put too much work into less worthy briar.
The drilling is dead on, it has a delrin tenon and a nice open airway. So it should be a great smoker.
The pictures suck too, but you will get the idea I'm sure.
(More pictures on my Blog)

PIC_0073.jpg

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
there is definitely something oddly appealing to it, dawg--nice work, and welcome to the forums!

(I sent you a PM also...I might just have to take this off your hands for you :) )

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Glad you signed up over here man. Pipe looks great, the hard forward cant is actually appealing to me. I like the rustication on the bowl too. The only thing that bugs me is the transition between the two, but the shank and acrylic extension look great.

james

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2011
Turn it upside down and it would be a great rain smoker...for those of us who have to smoke outside.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Thanks for the positive remarks guys. Lonestar, I too think that I could have done the transition a bit different. But, I've not made many pipes and I'm just learning. I'll get better as I make more. I have lots of practice briar, so should get plenty of practice in the future.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Nice work. I wish I had the talent and patience to do half as well.

This would make a good clencher for smoking while laying back in a recliner. :lol:

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
You should start a post with some pics of that badass shop you've got.

It would be inspirational for a lot of the aspiring pipemakers lurking around here.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i really dig the shape and rustification!

i do agree with you on the transition of the rustification.

what did you do yours with?

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Lonestar, I started a blog with some pictures of the shop and also stuff coming out of it. I'm going to take pictures of some of the tools that I use to make pipes and post those.
I'm new at the blog stuff, but I'll get better.
I did the rustication using a dremel.

Status
Not open for further replies.